Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, January 18, 2010

"Spring Break" from the Winter Weather

Umm...is it January? I mean, I know we just had Christmas last month. And I seem to remember a ball dropping at midnight and unfulfilled resolutions (yes, already), so it should be January, but...according to http://www.weather.com/ the high is 65 today. 65!! Isn't January supposed to be cold, windy, maybe even...icy?! Oh wait...it already has been all of those things too...haha! I am most definitely NOT complaining though. The surge of warm air we have had recently is WONDERFUL! It reminds me of early Spring.


Ahhh Spring...my favorite time of year. I love the warmer air, the smells, the colors...everything! One of my very favorite things that happens during Spring is....Daylight Savings Time!!! Yeah, yeah...we lose an hour of sleep for ONE NIGHT. Get over it! :) It is so totally worth the extended daylight! I hate when it gets dark outside at 5:00...or currently 5:30ish. It makes me feel like the day is over as soon as I get off work. I love when the daylight lasts long enough to go to the bike trail, play catch, go to the park, etc. I can't wait! Ahh Spring.....


So, while we enjoy this "Spring Break" from the winter weather and long for the actual Spring Season, remember that there are only 55 days until that wonderful day...the day that Daylight Savings Time returns! And until then, the daylight will continue to last longer each day. Yea! Now if only we could find a way to keep the warmer temps until then. Hmm... Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful "Spring Break!" :)

2 comments:

  1. haha! Can I just say that it cracks me up that you know EXACTLY how many days there are until Daylight Savings Time?!?! LOL!

    ...and can I also say that I love the new update! You are a pro blogger already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am DEFINITELY feeling the Springness! I love it! I've been wearing my flip flops and am truly enjoying it! Hopefully it won't get cold again!

    ReplyDelete