Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, February 22, 2010

A Star in the Making???

Drue has a new hobby! She got a guitar for Christmas. She loved it! While doing some cleaning this weekend, I came across a paper she had written at school. Here it is exactly as it was written:

"The present that I got was a gutar. I got it from santa. It is just my size too. It has a cool pattern around the circle. It is light brown. It wasn't tuned but my step dad tuned it. It came with four pick's. It is the best present anywone could ever have. It is awesome. It was my favorite present."

She is just so sweet. Of course she got a big, red "Good job!" in response! Haha! I have secretly (or not so secretly...I'm pretty sure I told my dad, but he said he couldn't teach me) always wanted to learn to play the guitar. Justin plays the guitar, so the plan has been for him to go through a DVD with Drue specifically designed to help children learn to play. However, we have been so busy lately trying to keep up with life, that they hadn't had a chance to dive into the wonderful world of guitar playing. :)

Tonight as I finished my Bible Study, I came out of the bedroom and went to Drue's room. This was the scene before me:














Aren't they precious? This melts my heart!!! I'm so thankful for the bond they share. They went through some of the video that talked about holding the guitar, tuning the guitar, and forming the G-chord EZ form.

Drue's G-chord EZ form...with hair still wet from the shower :)















Our new guitar player!















I'm excited for Drue! She did great tonight! Maybe I'll hang around these two and pick up a few guitar tips of my own! ;)

4 comments:

  1. So precious!! I love this!

    Girl, I was thinking just the other night how she has always looked like you, but I think the traits are just getting even stronger as she gets older. No mistaking who her momma is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we'll catch her on our next recording ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is SOO sweet! i love it! way to start her early...and what are great teacher she has LIVING with her! perfect! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is priceless!! Encourage her while she is still young!!

    ReplyDelete