Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Surprise Snow Day!

Sunday night ended a very busy week for me. Well, I guess Sunday actually begins the week, but...whatever. In the past week, I helped with 2 baby showers, Drue's bday party, and a Super Bowl party. None of these things were just totally major events--with the exception of Drue's party ;)--but they all required me to prepare food, bring something, or help decorate. They were all definitely worth the work! But Sunday night, I was just so drained.


It was our small group that had the Super Bowl party. We had a great time...and great food! We were at our associate pastor's house. The living room was full. There were kids playing Nintendo DS or hide and seek, there were people going back and forth from the kitchen for more food, there were different conversations going on everywhere. One small group member mentioned he had heard on the radio that the roads could be bad from snow/ice before the Super Bowl ended. I found this tidbit of info interesting, but honestly dismissed it as quickly as he had said it. I think my thoughts were something like What? Winter weather?! I don't know anything about any winter weather coming. I always know when winter weather is coming. No, sorry to tell you, but there's no winter weather coming our way. I would definitely know about that already. Haha...winter weather tonight...how silly.


So I headed home from the party about 8:00 so that Drue could get everything ready for school the next day. The alleged winter weather prediction didn't cross my mind again until about 12:30 when I was sitting on my couch and heard something outside. I opened the door and heard a little bit of sleet. But then I headed to bed.


Monday morning my alarm and Justin's alarm both started going off (we both have to have an alarm and we both have to set it pretty far in advance in order to "snooze" an adequate number of times). I was in my "snooze" phase, when my phone started vibrating on the nightstand next to me. I am just sooo lucky that I was charging my phone and it was on the nightstand. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have heard it because it would have been in my purse. I probably would have just popped up and gotten in the shower and gotten ready before I ever looked at my phone...or looked outside. BUT I did hear the phone and I picked it up. I recognized the number as a number that calls to deliver recorded messages from Drue's school. Completely confused, I answered the phone. It was a recording that told me that Conway Schools were closed due to snow! What in the world?! Really? I told Justin and then I jumped out of bed to go look out the window. There was snow everywhere! Wow! I was just so surprised! And sooo excited that God had given me this snow day to recover from my busy week last week! :)


Justin ended up having to go to work at 10:00 for a couple hours. He said the roads weren't bad when he left, but it was sleeting and then turned to snow. The roads were apparently worse on the way home. And then it snowed all day long! It was so pretty! Drue and I went out once by ourselves while Justin was at work. Then we went out again when he got back. We all had such a good time. After we were tired of playing outside, we had some more great time together inside. We watched Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and played Wii together. It was such a great day! Thank you, Lord, for the chance to spend some time with my family!

Throwing snowballs at the tree in our yard















Throwing snowballs at ME from behind her "snow fo
rt" :)















An awesome girl to spend an awesome day with!

1 comment:

  1. Awe! How fun! I love that hat by the way...
    Oh, and I promise to get your pictures of Drue's birthday party to you soon. Hopefully I'm not a liar like some people...I won't name any names!

    ReplyDelete