Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Anniversary!

Our 1st Anniversary was this past Sunday, the 21st! Woo hoo! We didn't have any big plans. I only had one thing in mind that I wanted to do....I wanted to have cake and punch. I know that sounds dumb, but that is what I wanted! Haha! First of all, you must understand that I LOVE punch. Not like Mexican fruit punch, Hawaiian punch, or even Stoby's punch (which I do also love)...no no, I love party punch! :) The different kinds of punch that are served at birthday parties, showers, weddings....yuuuummmmm! AND we didn't even get to have any of our punch at our wedding...which I heard was delicious... :( Yep...I needed cake and punch for sure.


Well...we decided to have some folks from our small group over on Saturday night for a (rainy) cookout and some games. So our good friends--the Linkers, Nick, and Kati--all came over for some food and fun. Nick had asked me what he could bring. I told him what we were having and said if he wanted anything else he could bring it. Well, that didn't work. He asked again. So after MUCH more prying (or one more text asking me what he could bring), I finally gave in and told him my secret anniversary wish. He laughed at me...via text. But he told me he wanted to bring the stuff to make the punch. Yea!! I was very excited.


I told Kati the story, and she too thought it was funny. But I didn't think much else about it until a couple hours before she was supposed to be there. The text said "Hope you like chocolate cake" She had made a cake! So sweet!

We had such a great time with everyone that night. And I will say that I was not the only one that loved the punch that night. There were 6 of us there...I think only 5 of us were drinking punch...it was almost gone at the end of the night. Yeah, I'm probably going to have to do this every year! Also, congrats to Kati for setting a Farkle record...I've never seen anyone take sooo long to get on the board! Haha! We even gave her a sympathy roll to try to help her. And it was her first time playing....bummer! I really really hope she'll play with us again sometime!

5 comments:

  1. ha! Looks like it was a great time! I loooove that you got your cake and punch on your anniversary. =) P.S. I think it is an AWESOME tradition... and I am totally going to steal it. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I'm glad ya'll liked the cake! I had fun celebrating with ya'll as well! =) & NO MORE FARKLE FOR ME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! I love that kind of punch too, with the sherbert and ginger ale! Oh and we froze our wedding cake and ate it the next year and it was so disgusting so glad you got a yummy chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you fallen out of the blogosphere already? Where are you Babbly Berg?

    ReplyDelete